Monday, May 25, 2009

MEMORIES – VALENCIA 2006


Yes, nice memories………..In the beggining of 2006 I started planning my trip to Valencia. That was my first visit to Spain, so I fell more comfortable to travel with a agency. At the end all arangements were done, so on 10 th April my journey began.

Not very good at the beginnnig – because of general strike in France, I lost my plane connection from Pariz to Valencia and came to Valencia twelve hours later as planned – at midnight. But then a taxi driver on the way to my hotel drove me nearby a truly beautiful area of gardens in the old Turia riverbed and the final section of the dried-up bed of the River Turia near Valencia's main attraction: the City of Arts and Sciences. This enormous leisure complex covers the arts, the sciences and wildlife and extends over several spectacular buildings and a wide expanse of gardens and water features. In the moment I completly forgot about all problems on the way to Valencia. The night wiew at L'Hemisferic, prince Felipe Museum of the Sciences, L'Umbracle, the Palace of the Arts and L'Oceanografic, was really fantastic and unforgetible.

Finally I came to my hotel – AC Valencia - and I was so happy, because I realized that the hotel is only few minutes from the City of Arts and Sciences. So in the morning I could discover more about that part of Valencia.

1 comment:

  1. The City of Arts and Sciences is the best - it is so diferent and so SPECIAL! I just love it and now they are also building tennis courts there - what else could you want. AMAZING!
    lp

    ReplyDelete