Wednesday, May 27, 2009

MEMORIES – VALENCIA 2006


Like I wrote before I decided to come to Valencia because of the tennis tournament, that take place in that beautiful city – THE OPEN DE TENIS COMMUNIDAD VALENCIA 2006 from 10 th april to 17 th april 2006. I think I am a good tennis fan (I don't run after tennis players – at least not too much, hehe). I like tennis very much, but I admit I am a little bit lazy, so I do not play it, but I really like to watch tennis matches expecially alive with other fans.

I am living in Ljubljana, in Slovenia, a little country in the heart of Europe. We don't have big men tennis names(yet), our tennis players are usually playing in futures or challengers. I like spanish tennis players a lot, expecially David Ferrer, Juan Carlos Ferrero, Carlos Moya, Fernando Verdasco, so I usually cheering for them. Also I »borrowed« some good players from our's former republics of Yugoslavia – I like Novak Djokovič, who played many times in Slovenia in his »younger« years, Ivan Ljubičič and Mario Ančič.

The draws at Valencia communidad open 2006 I liked a lot – of course there was a army of Spanish tennis players – well known, and others that I didn't knew before, beside that there were some other good clay tennis players. JUAN CARLOS FERRERO, DAVID FERRER, FERNANDO VERDASCO, NICOLAS ALMAGRO, FELICIANO LOPEZ, MARAT SAFIN, NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO, GILLES SIMON, IGOR ANDREEV, POTITO STARACE, GASTON GAUDIO, PHILIPPO VOLANDRI………. That was the promise for good tennis matches. I bought a week ticket for the tournament, and was ready to GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

3 comments:

  1. Nice memories :)! I like the picture a lot - who took it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is "home made" picture, my daughter took it. Nice one, and a good model too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the blue shirt! Such a nice colour,
    greetings from Usa

    ReplyDelete